NT Service Toolkit
Event Log Toolkit
Contact Desaware and order today!
Sign up for Desaware's Newsletter for the latest news and tech tips.
NT Service Toolkit
Learn more about NT Service Toolkit features such as:
Integrated COM/DCOM/.NET Remoting
While some services run independently, many are intended to be called from clients. They may serve as resource brokers, implement business logic, or act as a software agent for clients. To do so, they must expose objects through either COM, DCOM or .NET Remoting.
The Desaware NT Service Toolkit offers the unique ability to automatically and simultaneously expose internal objects via both .NET remoting and COM/DCOM. Support for both remoting schemes is ideal for incremental migration - you can move your service to .NET without migrating all of your clients.
Objects exposed via both COM and .NET remoting automatically receive service start and stop notifications directly from the framework.
Simulation and Debugging
- Our built-in Service simulator makes it possible to test and debug services without actually installing them as a service. This not only speeds development, but is especially critical for testing startup and shutdown scenarios that are difficult to debug.
- The service framework is fully instrumented for tracing and debugging using the .NET tracing and diagnostic system, essential for rapid solution to problems both during development and after distribution.
Scalability, Threading and Synchronization
- COM interop is supported using a private thread-pool for maximum scalability regardless of whether client access is via COM or .NET remoting.
- Integration with Desaware's StateCoder makes it easy to create sophisticated and scalable state machine based services.
- Built-in timer, support for background waits on .NET synchronization (WaitHandle) objects, and asynchronous operations on remotable objects created by clients. Built in synchronization makes it easy to avoid many of the synchronization problems associated with multithreaded applications.
Flexible configuration options
- Services created with this toolkit are entirely self-installing and self-uninstalling using the command line. There is no need for a separate "installer" tool or to create an MSI installation package.
- Command line installation allows specification of user, password and custom install time parameters - ideal for supporting customized automated installations during deployment.
- Silent mode install ideal for remote or automated service installation.
- Interactive service features including the ability to detect the logged on user, and when a user is logging off the system.
- Create full featured control panel applets using Visual Basic .NET, C#, and other .NET languages.
- A high degree of compatibility with the COM version of the Toolkit makes migration of services to .NET remarkably easy.
- Excellent support for interactive services.
- Superior shutdown detection (earlier than provided by the .NET framework).
Buy Desaware's NT Service Toolkit for .NET as Part of the .NET Universal bundle for $649 or Buy COM AND .NET Universal packages for $995 .